How To Rise When Life Knocks You Down In 7 Ways
How Do You Rise When Life Knocks You Down
Imagine an attack that knocks you down to the ground with serious injuries. Are you going to keep staying on the ground or rise and move? That is left for you to choose.
Some failure/ attack in life is inevitable and at the same time, nobody wants to be a victim. Nobody wants to fail. Everybody wants to win and achieve great things.
Times will come when life will hit you hard and will make you fall, but that doesn’t mean you should continue to be there. You can always get back on track again.
READ ALSO: NEVER TOO LATE
Walt Disney was fired by a company because he lacked imagination. However, that didn’t make him decide to fall completely but rather he made a comeback and now owns the Walt Disney theme Park and Mickey Mouse into Stardom.
When life knocks you down, here is what you can do.
- Take enough time to heal: when you sustain injuries in an attack, you’ve got to treat it and allow it to heal which will take some time. So if you have just been fired, or suffered a massive blow to your business, take time to heal most especially the emotional and physical aspects.
This time is the time to take some time off, reflect on what has happened, and who knows you could develop the big and far better ideas.
- Take Responsibility: Accept that you have failed irrespective of the situation. Understand that failure is part of human experience and it is inevitable.
- Find out what went wrong: After taking responsibility for your failure, figure out those things that went wrong. For example, you input a storage device into a laptop, in the first and second instance, it didn’t work. Then you have to check what went wrong probably you have placed the wrong side on the laptop.
Find out what went wrong, fix it and improve yourself so you can do better in the future.
READ ALSO: How To Make 2021 Your Best Year
- Learn: A lot of people are around you. These people have gone through similar situations like yours. Seek their opinion and learn from it. Read success stories of people who have achieved great things is also another place where you can learn a lot from.
- Focus on the Positive aspect: Understand not just that failure is the opposite of success but also is a part of success. This is because failure makes you wiser, and gives you the experience to get things back on track in the future.
- Think, plan, set a goal: Think, draft a plan, and set a goal. This will even go a long way since you have gained the experience and have understood the rights and wrongs.
- Get things on track and start again: At this stage, after you have failed, decided to rise again, take responsibility, find out what went wrong, learn, focus on the positives, think, plan, and set a new goal, next is to get things on track and start again with the best version of yourself.
Remember “you don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there”
Therefore, do not be afraid to rise again and move.
Do you have an experience regarding this, Share it in the comment section
297 total views, 1 views today